Saturday, January 21, 2012

Finished My First Set!!!

I don't usually build sets, but after buying 2 boxes of 2011 Allen and Ginter I was pretty close to having a complete set. After discovering this I decided I would bust another box to try and fill my set. The box yeilded only a handfull of base I needed an a huge stack of doubles. That is when I resorted to trading for the rest of my needs. So, today I recieved the last card I needed for my set which is number 314 Nick Markakis.



Cards 301-350 are shart printed, so this made the set a little more challenging. This set it also great because of the unique people who appear on the cards like Wee Man and Stan Lee. Another thing I like is the way the pictures almost look like a painting. Anyways, I am glad I finished my set and maybe I will try to get next years Allen and Ginter set. Also, I am expecting a bunch of maildays in the coming week, so be on the lookout for those.

-20youksox

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finishing your first set! I'm not a set collector myself, but a few years ago I put together the 2009 Topps Update set and it felt good, so I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete