Friday, July 23, 2010

The Lighter Side of Collecting

Hey, everyone. Since I'm going to be away on a family vacation from this Saturday to next Saturday, I won't be able to post at all. So, in the interest of a grand send off and an even grander welcome back, we'll start with the send off which includes jokes, hysterical card names and pictures, and when I come back from the trip (did I mention I'll be going to Chris's Comics and Cards which I reviewed yesterday?, I'll be starting a big contest! So, starting with the jokes.....

You know your a true collector when..

1) You here someone say "That's a perfect 10!", and are disappointed when you see a woman rather than a graded card.....

2) You go to a fine art museum and ask where the sketch card section is.....

3) You come back from a long business trip, and when your wife asks you how your trip was, you say you only bought a few singles and packs.....

4) You fill out a resume and list "pack breaking" as special skill.....

5) You name your pet after a card product or company.....

6) You name your child after a card product or company.....

7) You ask you wife's opinion on if the card your examining looks dented or creased.....

8) Rather than counting sheep when you can't sleep, you count how many complaints you have about Topps or what your favorite cards are.

How bout' dem apples? Some of those are credit of Chris Olds...I can't take all of the credit.



Now, for something we hope you'll really like...Hilarious Cards!


This pretty much is self-implied........


This is just plain disturbing...A guy who can pummel a 26 year old kid who's in his prime and on steroids needs to show off his glutes?..that's not the image I want to remember of a hall-of-fame pitcher..


I..I don't.....I don't even...I mean,...where do I even start?.......So much wrong..so little space to say.....


This poor, poor man...I couldn't imagine having that name..



His hair is not even human....for gits and shiggles, compare it to Will Smith's hair on.."The Fresh Prince."

See!


The hilarious irony of this name....compared to the image.....

I couldn't stop laughing while doing this post. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did. So, I'll be gone for a week, but It'll go by quick. The contest is going to be really sweet, so stay on the "Pack Prodigy" bandwagon. See you, guys.

Keep Breakin'
-P.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment