Wednesday, July 21, 2010

LCS Pickups (Plus: New Segment Preview)

Hey, everyone. Today, I had some time to kill so I decided to stop into my local card store for some quality bargain pickups. Ultimately, I was very pleased with the outcome of my trip, as I only spent $5 on 3 quality cards, 2 of which were $0.99 each.
I snagged a 2004 Donruss World Series Parallel of Victor Martinez, short printed 88/100, a 2008 Topps Heritage Clay Buchholz RC, and a 1996 Edge Ray Allen RC for my Boston Celtics PC. Obviously, I'll only be discussing the baseball pickups. For that matter, I was very surprised to see a Victor Martinez SP priced at only $0.99, considering the relatively slim amount of only 100 circulated and his popularity as an all-star catcher. As for the Buchholz, I was not in the least bit surprised by the pricing, due to the fact that it was a notch above book value at $3.00. But, nonetheless, I was very happy with all both cards. Here are the scans:


The new segment that I'll be introducing is a competition between two card stores that I will review myself. I'll be in New Hampshire this week, so I'll visit my all-time favorite card store, and compare it to the one I went to today. It should be interesting to see the victor of the two.

Card of the Day:

I got this card about 6 months ago in a trade. Lester, next to Dustin Pedroia, is my favorite baseball player. period. He has a kind of mound presence that baseball hasn't seen the likes of since Roger Clemens.

That's all for now. Thanks everyone.
Keep Breakin'
-P.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment