Saturday, December 29, 2012

Triple Threads Booklet Mailday (with a nice patch)

Hey everyone, got this Triple Threads book card in the mail right before Christmas.  I just got around to scanning it, and this cards is a beauty.  This is my fourth booklet, and it has a great combination of players on it.  From left to right they go Alex Rodriguez, Evan Longoria, Kevin Youkilis, Alex Rios, Nick Markakis, and Wade Boggs.  Two Red Sox player, a HOFer, a future HOFer, and Youk made this pickup an easy decision.  I bought this particular card however because of the jersey peice for Youk.


As you can see, it is a five color patch, but it is not from any of his regular Red Sox jerseys.  After doing a little detective work and looking at several pictures, I have determined that this swatch is from his 2009 All Star Game jersey.  More importantly, it is from the laundry tag.  While I coldn't confirm this right away, I recently bought some evidence that lead me to this conclusion.  I will save that for another post though since I don't have the new card in hand yet.

-20youksox

No comments:

Post a Comment