Monday, December 31, 2012

Top Baseball Wax of 2012

Between Topps, Panini, and Leaf, there were a lot of products released into the baseball market this year.  I personally thought that this year's wax was weak, but I just don't really like Topps products that much and they are the main manufacturer.  I have tried to include a variety of product types and price ranges.  The rankings are based on popularity, design, and sales on the secondary market.  Here are my top 10 products of 2012.

10) 2012 Topps Chrome

 
This product has a strong auto checklist and lots of colored refractors.

9) 2012 Topps Finest

 
Another strong auto checklist here.  Plus this includes nice patches.

8) 2012 Bowman Draft Jumbo

 
Bowman draft is a winner every year.  In a few years, the autos could be worth tons.

7) 2012 Leaf Best of Baseball

 
The BEST of baseball, has to make the top 10.

6) 2012 Bowman Sterling

 
Prospect auto with nice color.  Three autos per pack make this apealing to me.

5) 2012 Topps Tier 1

 
Tier One was a big hit with high end autos plus the bat knobs.

4) 2012 Playoff Prime Cuts

 
I LOVE Prime Cuts.  Not as much as last year, but the designs are stunning.

3) 2012 Topps Triple Threads

 
Triple Threads looked good as usual this year.  Sick patches are always a big draw.

2) 2012 Topps Five Star

 
Most expensive baseball product ever.  It had to make the list.  I love the design too.

1) 2012 Topps Museum Collection

 
I loved Marquee last year and love Museum this year.  Framed autos are gorgeous.

Don't agree with my top 10?  Post your's in the comment section below.  Out of all these products, I have only busted Topps Chrome, and Bowman Draft.  So, my opinions of these products are coming from watching youtube breaks plus seeing singles on eBay.  Have a happy New Year everyone.

-20youksox

No comments:

Post a Comment