Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Triple Auto Mailday

Hey everyone.  Just got in a sweet triple auto card from 2012 Upper Deck Authentic Signatures baseball.  This product was basically a sticker dump, but there were some nice cards in the product.  This card comes from the Compatriot subset, which features players born in the same country.  While this is very broad, it can produce some interesting combinations you wouldn't normally see like Kevin Youkilis, Joe Mauer, and Shane Victorino.  The card looks nice, and it is my first auto of Mauer and Victorino.  Its pretty cool to with the World Baseball Classic coming up.  I don't know if any of them will be on team USA this year, but they have in the past.


I especially like that it is hand numbered.  I don't know why, but I have always loved hand numbered cards.  I think it looks nice for a card without pictures.  More maildays to come.

-20youksox

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! I think this might be one of the sharpest looking cards in the set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So which one do you think numbered it????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always assumed it was someone from Upper Deck. If one of them did number it, I don't think it was Youkilis. Youk was (and currently is) #36, and his 3 didn't look as nice as that.

    ReplyDelete