Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I Love...YES LOVE...2012 Topps

The design is sweet. The inserts are silky smooth, Gold or not. Gold Standard, Golden Futures? Brilliant with or without the gold. The Gold Standard design takes a look at some notable milestones of baseball players careers, and focus on a player who reached said milestone. The Golden Futures are sweet and contrast gold with black and white very well, a brilliant idea of a portraying prospects who have bright futures in the MLB. The "Golden Moments" are great, as well! It's like a revamped Topps 60! The Golden Greats are nice, also, but I personally like the other inserts better. Who could forget the '87 minis? Perfect replications of a classic Topps design with today's stars like Chase Utley and Dustin Pedroia. The golden shiny takes on the base cars are a welcome insert as well. Now, my only beef, if you could call it that, is the manu-patches might be a little to much, as opposed to actual autos and relics. But, nonetheless, Topps came through with some sweet manu-patches this year, and they look very appealing to the eye. The autos look nice, as do the relics. I love the product, and hope to pick it up soon.

1 comment:

  1. I love this years set as well. The 1987 minis are probably the best insert in the set. I won't be collecting much of it but I'll def pick up the minis.

    ReplyDelete