Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Youk To The Yankees

Last night, my favorite player, Kevin Youkilis signed a one year contract with the Yankees, the team that Red Sox fans hate the most.  But, can you blame him for signing with the ememy?  I would have to say no.  The Red Sox traded him away because they did not want him anymore.  In my opinion this gives him permission to sign anywhere he wants.  Its not like the Red Sox tried to resign him and he went to the Yankees for a little extra money.  I think this was Youk's only real offer because the Indians signed Mark Reynolds, and New York would be the team where he would see the most playing time.  While I am concerned about him being on the same team as rival Joba Chaimberlain, I'm sure they can work their issue out.  Not to mention that New Yorks notoriously short porch will most likely help boost his statistics and help him land a contract next year.  So, when Kevin Youkilis returns to Boston will you BOO him, or will you join in a respectful YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUK chant?  Please comment below with opinions.

PS- I will be collecting his Yankees cards.  I already have cards of him in pinstripes (Chicago), so I don't see what the big deal is.  He's still my favorite player.  This doesn't mean I like the Yankees, just Youk.

-20youksox

No comments:

Post a Comment