Friday, March 22, 2013

2013 Mailday

Well, I have a small package from eBay today.  This package had two Youkilis cards from the new 2013 Topps, including the pink and gold parellels.  The gold is numbered out of 2013 and the pink out of 50.  For those of you not familiar with 2013 Topps, the pink parellel is not just pink to be pink.  This set is to support breast cancer.



I like the idea of the pink parellel, but for me it was poorly executed.  They should have put a ribbon, or some blurb on the back about breast cancer awareness or something so people pulling these aren't wondering why they are pink.  Also, I'm not a huge fan of the shade of pink they chose either.  Its not the same as it looks in the scan and its a little too neon for me.

I also have the same problem with the golds every year.  The serial number is printed not foil.  Also, I feel like gold doesn't really work with the colors on this card, but I'm no color expert.  Despite this, these are two nice cards I'm glad to have in my Youk PC.  More maildays should be coming in soon.

-20youksox

2 comments:

  1. Seeing this post reminded me of something that reminded me of you. As you may or may not know, my wife absolutely DETESTS Youk. Well, since he's been a Yankee, she's taken to calling him "Puke-ilis." I'm sure she's not the first to do so, but I'd never heard it before. Please don't hate her! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot of people don't like him. He was my favorite player before he made the big leagues, so I can't abandon him now. I met him before and he was a very nice person.

    ReplyDelete