Thursday, September 2, 2010

Recent Pickups

Hey guys. Sorry I've been short with posts lately, due to the fact that I've been very busy. But, the past week or so, 20youk and I have gone to several flea markets together and found so pretty sweet cards. I managed to get 2 Josh Hamilton rookies: 2007 Topps and 2007 Fleer Ultra Lucky 13, for $0.50 each! Then, at another flea market, I picked up a 2007 Topps Heritage Jon Lester base, along with several packs from various years, including 2010 Topps Hobby Edition. Although there weren't an extreme amount of dealers, we found some good and dedicated ones that it was none but a pleasure to do business with. Another card I got for $0.50 was 1996 Topps Vlad Guerrero/Andruw Jones/ 2 other no names prospect card pictured below:


I like this card, which is clearly a sweet band-for-my-buck pickup. It books at around $4.00.

Like 20youk said, Topps 206 recently came out, and Beckett announced that all cards featuring players wearing helmets or hats are SP's. (Sarcastically Enthusiastic: "Oh boy! Now we can look forward to finding players in 1:4 packs that don't have pine tar-ridden locks of sweaty hair on their occasionally egotistic heads!")

Oh yah, props to Beardy for taking some initiative on his 2010 Masterpieces set. He even went as far as to honor my request for a Pedroia base card! Check it out on his site.


That wraps is up for now.

Keep Breakin'
-P.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment