Monday, July 15, 2013

Trade with 20youksox (Plus a Home Run Derby Contest!)

Today, I completed a trade with 20youksox to fill some holes in my Dustin Pedroia and Jon Lester PC's. I got two cards which filled the gaps, which I am both very excited about.

They are both from the Red Sox 2012 team set, which for some reason I never got around to picking up. To be honest, my theory is that they just were so terrible last year that I had no motivation to go out and spend my money on a set commemorating their worst record in my lifetime.




The reason these cards are special, however, is because they have a silver logo stamped on the corner of each card commemorating Fenway Park's 100th Anniversary. That was the common theme with every card from the Sox team set from last year, but because I specifically collect Lester and Pedroia I knew I had to snatch these up.

In addition, I also picked up about 10 or so cards to complete a page and a half in my binder of my "Throwback" collection. It's in it's early stages, but the progress is definitely visible. I'll post some scans of those tomorrow.

Also, the annual Home Run Derby is tonight! Be sure to catch it for some undoubtedly exciting action!
My pick is Chris Davis of the AL.

Comment below with your pick! If you're right, I'll hook you up with a base card of the winner of the HRD!




3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey, Nick. I'll make sure to mark down your selection. Also, I got your reply comment on a trade stack I want to send you; to reach me, email me at zdoger99@aol.com

      Delete