Sunday, May 26, 2013

I Love When Patches Fit Together!

Jumbo patches are awesome.  A giant chunk of patch is one of my favorite relics, because with the bigger size you can start to see where the patch came from.  I really love when the patches fit together.  For example, I am collecting the 2011 Topps Update Kevin Youkilis All Star Jumbo Patches.  I currently have 5 out of the 6, and all 5 of them fit together.


Here they are together.  Now, here they are assembled to create letters.


As you can see, they spell out RICAN from AMERICAN.  I'm geussing that the one patch I am missing is the top of the RI.  These aren't the only patches I have that fit together.  Check out my 2009 Topps Triple Threads All Star Patches, again of Kevin Youkilis.


These patches are the MER from AMERICAN on his 2008 All Star Game Jersey at Yankee Stadium.  Now, these cards would all be nice on their own, but they are much cooler together and tell a better story.

Do you have patches that fit together?  If you do, please comment below with some pictures.  We would love to see what you have!

-20youksox

No comments:

Post a Comment