Monday, June 21, 2010

Daily Update

Hey, everyone. Sorry I've been away for a while. But, as usual, I'm back in business. The Red Sox remain only a game back of the Yankees for first place in the AL East, which is great news. They've been playing the best I've seen them play in a long, long time, sweeping Arizona and Los Angeles in 2 consecutive series. Recently, I got 4 hobby packs of 2010 Topps Series 2. These four packs all had to be hall-of-fame material. I pulled a Jason Heyward RC, A Million Card Giveaway Redemption, Several CYMTO's (Including a Cal Ripkin Jr. Original Back), a Topps 2020 Ryan Howard, some Legendary Lineage, a World Series History card, and to top it all off, a Nate McLouth Turkey Red. The fact that these awesome pulls came from just four packs is nothing short of a miracle, considering the fact that Topps is not known as one to come through in the clutch, if you know what I mean. The only bummer about these otherwise stellar breaks is that this was the card I got from MCG: http://www.ecrater.com/p/721005/1998-topps-153-bernard-gilkey
Basically, this player had 2 or so good years in the majors, the rest ethier being sub-par or injury plagued, before fading into the dusk never to be seen again, like many others before him. The last thing I wasnt taking up space in my card sanctuary is this, being exhibit A. But, overall, these packs easily get an A+ grade. Series 2 is a good product that has a loaded mix of rookies and veterans among boundles inserts and parallels with good overall collectability and bang-for-your-buck.

I'll scan the break soon enough and post them up here, at least by Wednesday night.
That's it for now. Thanks for reading another edition of Daily Update.

Keep Breakin'
-P.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment